Friday, May 23, 2008

Ice Breaker Time

So here's a little audience participation exercise:
My all-time favorite ice breaker question (I can feel your excitement):

If your life were a movie what kind of movie would it be?
What genre? (i.e. comedy, action, drama, film noir...)
And who would play each important character? (you decide which characters are most important)

**Important note** if for some reason this question makes you feel hostile toward me, do not feel obligated to answer. I don't know why this question would make you hostile, but people have gotten angry about it in the past. If you have any insight into why that would be, please feel free to share.:) Thanks.

For all the rest of you, please play along, because it's fun!

So here's the movie of my life:

The genre of my movie would have to be a musical. I would love to live in a world where people spontaneously break out into song and dance, inexplicably knowing every word and move, though it was clearly spur of the moment and unrehearsed. I just think that song and dance are the most appropriate responses to joy, and nothing beats a really sad song with lots of violins during the low times.

My cast of characters:
Hubby - some sort of Brad Pitt/John Cusack hybrid (Brad Pitt's pre-Angelina boyish sexiness, combined with an early Cusack quirky, goofy earnestness)

Me - Elizabeth Shue (I don't look anything like her, but I think she has a natural beauty and warm intelligence that I like)

My 9 year old - Jesse McCartney (they have the same hair and love of performing)
My 7 year old - Jayden Smith (Will Smith's son, he doesn't have the freckles, but he's got all the attitude of my boy)
5 year old - the kid from Jerry Maguire (how many pounds is the human brain?) sweet and at times off-the-wall.
3 year old - the little girl from The Game Plan (we have a very racially diverse family). She's tough, but girly and sensitive.

Mom - Sally Field for her fierce mom qualities
Dad - a young Sean Connery/Harrison Ford hybrid (it's my movie, I can do what I want) for their classy intelligence and ruggedness.

My Big Bro - Tom Cruise on stilts (from his pre-scientology Top Gun days - cool and crazy)
Sister-in-law - Jenna Elfman (the girl from Dharma and Greg) for her bubbly effervescent personality.

Little Sis - Julia Stiles, different hair color, but same intelligence and grace
Littler Sis - Anne Hathaway - same big brown eyes and fun goofiness

Stepmom (now ex, but none the less) - Sigorney Weaver - they have the same awesome bone structure and beautiful brown eyes.

My friend, Crystal, would be played by an earthy Reese Witherspoon (beautiful and always capable), I can't figure out who would play Stephanie (if you have any suggestions for an athletic, fun and straightforward friend, let me know), and Andrea would be played by Rosie O'Donnell from A League of Their Own (tough, but with a big heart).

So, that's my movie. It would be a musical dramedy - you'd laugh, you'd cry and you might even spontaneously break into dance.

Your turn...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. what a question. being the movie buff that i am, i'd say this is going to take a while. lol! i totally agree with all the actors you chose, though. wow. crazy how we all think alike! rachel says she'd pick those actors, too... haha.

let's see. i'd probably pick an action/comedy movie. because my life isn't super romantic, but it's pretty crazy and dramatic. plus i just love action movies, and rachel and my friends would totally cover the comedy part of it. ;)

me-Anne Hathaway (for our looks being somewhat similar, and her silliness and ability to walk in very high heels)

Rachel-Keira Knightley (for her beauty, air, and grace, as well as the ability to be hilariously weird)

Mom-Sigourney Weaver (because they look like twins, but also for their speech and motherly qualities)

Steve-Bruce Willis/Viggo Mortensen (mainly for their attitude, but also for their ruggedness)

Dad-Harrison Ford (because he's got that cheesy humor, ruggedness, and just that classic look)

M-J-Diane Keaton (for her calm but silly personality, also for the ability to pick out a decent wardrobe)

Mark-Matthew Fox (for his height, structure, and passive and underlyingly funny attitude)

Leah-Claire Forlani or Lauren Graham (for their calm but forward and motherly personalities, and the ability to be subtly silly)

Michael Anne- Amy Adams or Reese Witherspoon (just downright adorable and hilarious)

Katie-Liv Tyler or Keri Russell (for being calm but funny and intelligent at the same time)

James-Topher Grace (being extremely particular and witty)

Jason-Shia LaBeouf (for his ability to be hilarious and sweet at the same time)

Bradley-Johnny Depp (for his quirkiness, mysterious air, and very bohemian way of being)

Maggie-Miley Cyrus (for her silly humor and cuteness)

Nate-Adrien Brody (for his crazy humor like in The Darjeeling Limited and passive attitude, and his piano skills like in The Pianist)

Emily C-Marcia Gay Harden (for her smart look and very intelligent sense of humor as well as her articulation)

Emily F-Jennifer Garner (for her silly sense of humor and outgoing qualities)


main characters: Ariel, Katie, Michael Anne
love interests: Katie and Jason
smarty: Emily C.
silly friends: Emily F., Nate, Maggie, Bradley
advice giver: james
obviously the family would be my family members
and my parents would be the ones i go to for help. my mom and stepdad would most likely be the ones who are kinda crazy and strange and don't help much, but my dad and stepmom would probably be the ones who give a ton of advice and maybe come with us for an adventure. If i had to have a love interest, my imaginary love interest who was super in love with me would totally be James McAvoy or Josh Lucas... hehe. so yeah. ;) that's my movie life! :)

... i think that took a good hour of my day... haha.

Stan, Laura, Analiese & Ella said...

We used to play this game in housechurch years ago where everyone would write down the actor/actress that would play them in a movie about their life. Then we would take all of the papers and throw them in a hat and pull them out one by one and guess who it connected to. It was a BLAST. I remember laughing so hard when it was discovered that Lawrence Fishburn belonged to Greg Christman. The funniest part was that he didn't think it was funny...